Vidgamer's View

Friday, February 10, 2006

Playing the classics. [games]

In recent months, I picked up a bunch of classic compilations for the PS2. I know some of these collections are on other consoles, but the PS2 seems to get everything, so I think I'm going to make my PS2 the go-to machine for playing the classics. :-)

Taito Legends -- great compilation! Good number of games (29), and a few that I really like, making it worthwhile. Many people will get it for Space Invaders, but I like Super Qix, Phoenix, Bubble Bobble, and it's always fun to try the others just to see what they were like.

Sega Classics Collection
-- Just 10 games (I think). I have heard that some people hate this game because they re-did/updated the graphics. Well, it still looks like old-school! I don't know what they fixed up. Well, Monaco GP gives you the option of classic style or "original" (which means "updated" in this case, and not what I would generally think of when I hear the word "original").

Capcom Classics Collection -- This is still in the shrink wrap. Yet another Street Fighter II release, along with various games, most of which I'm not familiar with. I think 1942 and Ghouls 'n Ghosts will be the most popular.... (I already have SF II in one or two other releases! Ugh.)

Midway Arcade Treasures 3 -- Various arcade racing games. I expect to play this mostly for San Francisco Rush 2049. Mine is still unopened.

Three out of the 4 above I picked up for $15. I think they're all $20 retail.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home